Friday, January 19, 2018

Safe in Silence


RasululLah SAW said, "Speak good or remain silent", because "Whoever is silent, he is saved". Sayyidina Ali RA said, "Speak only when your words are more beautiful than your silence" and "The cause of safety is silence"; when you have dropped hints but they went on deaf ears, then it is a clear sign to take your leave.

I am instinctively reminded of the words of Rumi, "Listen to silence, it has so much to say" and that of Sayyidina Ali RA, "Surely silence can sometimes be the most eloquent reply". Let silence be the art you practice, khayr insya-Allah!

AlhamdulilLah, I am at peace knowing that my heart is in the right place - Ummi is the 'heart' that keeps me alive and Jannah lies under her feet so life is ok as long as I see Ummi's smile - her redha is Allah's redha... Ya Ummi, to the world you are just a mother, but to me you are my world :)

No comments: